The Cottage Orné Quilt

The Cottage Orné Quilt
Click the picture to visit my other blog

Tuesday 21 September 2010

Can you see Corky?

This is for all you quilters out there and their cats and there are an awful lot of you?  Well can you see Corky?


This is another exhibit now showing at the Jen Jones Welsh Quilt Centre and I am grateful to my friend Sonia Fox for taking the photograph at the Opening.

We have had fun with this quilt because some of us can't see him!  It's not always that easy if one can't stand far enough back but here it's pretty obvious?  It's certainly a fun quilt, well fun with regard to the patchwork but when you click the picture and zoom in you will be able to see seriously wonderful quilting!

You find this in so many Welsh quilts, the quilting was more skillful than the patchwork and one might be tempted to think that it was the work of two different people. Now it is Folk Art and we love it, but I wonder whether it was so admired when it was made? Perhaps it wouldn't collect a rosette now?  I love quirkiness in a quilt - don't you think perfection can be a tad boring?

5 comments:

Sue said...

I can see him.What fun.

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

I found your blog through Sue's and enjoyed seeing your pics of Bella and Wilfred. I'm a cat lover too and recently did a little post on my cats and quilts on my blog.

Little Welsh Quilts and other traditions said...

I read your blog and saw your two lovely black cats. They remind me of my dear departed black cat Frank who appeared in many of my embroideries included in a previous book. I will be showing him in a future post. Thanks so much for reading my blog and commenting, it's so encouraging to a new blogger!

Sandra said...

What a fab funky fun quilt! Love the "cat face" and the quilting is breathtaking. You are off to a great start on the blog.
Come visit my antique quilt blog featuring cat fabric.
http://utahquiltappraiser.blogspot.com

antique quilter said...

what a great little quilt and yes I can see him!!!!
fun to find surprises in quilts!
LOL
Kathie