The Cottage Orné Quilt

The Cottage Orné Quilt
Click the picture to visit my other blog

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Charity Shop buy and Pinterest!

Cowbridge is a little market town in the Vale of Glamorgan and a favourite place to visit!  It has lots of interesting shops and excellent places to eat and also a good charity shop. 

Normally I am not a charity shop browser but I ventured in to see if they had any crochet hooks.  Yes I've  decided to try crochet - haven't begun yet but one needs hooks to start!   I bought three hooks of different sizes and then, across a crowded shop, I spied some EB -



It was just sitting there on a shelf waiting for me - well who could resist?

Though they were sold as a set, they are actually two different patterns - Elephants and Farmyard and better still, they are early sponged ones which are now sought after and I have neither!  Good result!

(Jilly if you are reading this?  Thank you so much for the grape hyacinths in the picture.) 

If you look on the side of this blog you will see that you can now follow me on Pinterest - thank you  Karmen for my invitation which I shamlessly canvassed here!  I have had such fun creating boards and filling them with all my favourite pins, though it does take so much time because one can't help following other people pins.  Do take a look.


6 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

esp. love the farmyard animals xx both look good though x

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

What charming finds! The spongeware makes a lovely setting in your home. Isn't Pinterest fun? It can be rather addictive. I just recently joined myself and find myself "pinning" all the time!

Robin said...

You found some cute little dishes. I love the things you show on your blog because there are many things I've never been exposed to like EB. Thanks.

Annabelle said...

Oh ... lucky you. The farmyard is one of my favourite patterns and are now very collectable and the elephants are pretty. Did you look back at my collection? xx

Little Welsh Quilts and other traditions said...

Yes Annabelle I did! You have some lovely pieces and I like that you have so many different patterns - I love to see a mixture of patterns, so much more interesting than sets or just one colour.

Vivienne at Vivebooks said...

Always space for some more EB eh mary! I looked at Pinterest. Somebody was thinking of you when they invented that one! Loved your collections. V x