The Cottage Orné Quilt

The Cottage Orné Quilt
Click the picture to visit my other blog

Friday 27 January 2012

A new discovery

As I have probably mentioned before, I love collage and I have recently discovered Mandy Pattullo. This is some of her work -


I was going to show you more but for some reason Blogger has gone on strike and won't upload the images, but do go to her website and browse.

What I love about these pieces is that she uses old bits of everything and puts them together in such a wonderful way.   I long to do this but that would mean starting to collect so much more stuff and I am already bursting at the seams with fabric and thread, I don't want to start saving old clothes!  Though I know deep down that there's a lot more to it than random pieces of re-cycling - an artist's eye is required! 


5 comments:

antique quilter said...

Oh my love these, the middle one is just so great! I can see it as a notebook cover as well as a little quilt.
I agree its the artist 's eye that makes things like this work
thanks for sharing her work with us
kathie

Diane-crewe said...

you can have as much fun dreaming about what you COULD do xx

Annabelle said...

Lovely stuff. I am also having problems with blogger comments - they refuse to work on internet explorer but are ok on google chrome. Makes for constantly switching from one to another. Now off to see her site. Thanks for the tip. xx

Vivienne at Vivebooks said...

Ooh these are delicious Mary. Thanks! And did you see that Little Welsh Quilts is in The Sewing Directory's Top 10 Sewing Books of 2011 (no6). One Simple Stitch is No4, so we all did very well . . .

Office Movers Plano said...

Veery thoughtful blog