The Cottage Orné Quilt

The Cottage Orné Quilt
Click the picture to visit my other blog

Wednesday 14 March 2012

Journey to Lampeter

Going to the Opening of Jen's Annual Exhibition at the Quilt Centre in Lampeter (see my last post) was an excuse to re discover some of the places I haven't  visited for a while which I will share with you in a future post.

We did a bit of a detour on our journey to Jen's delightful little shop in Llanybydder to pick up the key to the farmhouse where we were staying  -


Not deliberately, but because we were talking so much we took a wrong turning!  Getting back on track, we took a road which led us past the Black Mountain which is the source of two great rivers of Wales, the Tawe and the Usk.


We could see both sources from the road, just two streams cascading over rocks on their long journey to Swansea and Newport - it was quite thrilling!  Then down into Llandovery and a lovely lunch of fish and chips at the Castle Hotel - the chips done in dripping, a taste from childhood and a very guilty pleasure!


This old coaching inn has been looking a bit run down for a while, but I'm pleased to say that the HRH effect (The Prince of Wales has a farmhouse nearby) must be working as it was very welcoming with plenty of locals enjoying their lunch in this off peak tourist time.

I am gathering images of some of the quilts at the exhibition which I will share with you next time!



3 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

thanks for taking us with you x

Annabelle said...

Lovely trip - did you see any eels? xx

Lynn S said...

I can't wait to see your pictures! I just returned from seeing the Espirit Amish quilt collection now in the care of the Lancaster Textile musuem in Pennsylvania USA. I can wait to see the types of quilts--Amish and Welsh--side by side. Reading the new book now too. I would love to see this exhibit so do share all the details! Even down to the fish and chips!